Chef Angela Lai, 2021 Best Asia’s Pastry Chef, shared with Frozen Art Chef lovers an exclusive and tantalizing recipe that hit the menu of Taïrroir Restaurant (2 Michelin Star) the whole last quarter of 2021. Let us describe it as Papaya Milk with Toast and Jam. But it’s much more… Take the chance to taste its unique flavor if in Taipei and…Try out the papaya milk parfait now.
240g Egg yolk
300g Papaya Purée
450g Whipped Cream
- Using a standing mixer or handheld mixer, whip cream to a soft peak and set it aside in the chiller.
- To make Pâté à bombe, place egg yolks in a mixing bowl and whip until pale with a standing mixer. Meanwhile, heat the sugar and water in a saucepan until syrup reaches 121°C.
- Pour the hot syrup into the whipping eggs in a slow, steady stream by the side of the mixing bowl, whisking continuously until cool.
- Once cool, fold in the papaya purée, follow by the whipped cream.
- Transfer mixture into a 32cmX42cm rectangular mould and leave in the freezer or blast freezer to set.
- Once set, unmould parfait and cut into the desired size. (In this dessert, measurement is 3.5cmX4cm.)
Bon Parfait everyone!